Genesis Shaftway Model
The Genesis Shaftway model is a vertical platform wheelchair lift.This style lift has a capacity or 340 kg (750lbs.) and can provide access up to 4343mm (171"). The Shaftway model is designed to fit the lift components within a shaftway built by other to Garaventa Lift specifications. The Shaftway Model can be designed to blend and compliment the building design at a fraction of the cost of an elevator.
The components of the Shaftway Models consist of a drive mast, passenger platform, doors/gates, call stations and platform controls.
The Genesis Shaftway Model suitable for commercial or residential projects and can be installed indoors or outdoors.
- Low Cost
- ADA Compliant
- Blends in with any decor
- Tactile and illuminated controls
More information can be found in the DownloadsDownloads
Genesis Shaftway Photo Gallery
- The Genesis Shaftway Model vertical platform lift is equipped with many standard features. Some of these features are listed below. For a more extensive list of features contact your local Garaventa Lift Representative or refer to the Genesis Design and Planning Guide.
Shaftway Frame: The frame is constructed of champagne colored anodized aluminum extrusions.
Doors and Gates: The standard configuration for this model of lifts is a full size Garaventa Lift style door at the lower landing. The upper landing may be fitted with a gate or full height door.
Offset D Handle: The offset d handle is available on both Garaventa Lift style doors and gates.
Door Interlocks: The Garaventa Lift Powered Interlock is the standard lock used for Shaftway models that are equipped with Garaventa Lift style doors and gates. The Powered Interlock is a 24VDC solenoid powered interlock that is monitored by the safety circuit to ensure the door or gate is properly locked.
Drive System: A choice of two Drive Systems
- Leadscrew Drive with a 2 HP Motor.
- Hydraulic Drive with a 3 HP Motor - Continuous Mains Power with Auxiliary Power System.
Lifting Height: Seven different lifting heights to a maximum of 4343mm (171").
Call Stations: Consist of a directional rocker switch and is key-less.
Platform Controls: Consist of a constant pressure directional rocker switch, an emergency stop/alarm switch and optional key switch.
Finishes: The standard finish is anodized champagne aluminum frames, with steel panels that are powder painted in Satin Grey (fine textured).
Manual Emergency Lowering Hand wheel - Leadscrew Only: A hand wheel is attached to the lift and is used to manually lower the lift to the landing in the case of a power outage.
Manual Emergency Lowering - Hydraulic Drive Only: The manual emergency lowering device consists of a pull knob mounted in a box on the side of the mast. When this device is used, the platform is lowered to the desired landing.
- A variety of optional features allow for extensive customization of the Genesis Shaftway Model. Highlights of some of the optional features and descriptions are listed below. For a more extensive list of options contact you local Garaventa Lift Representative or refer to the Genesis Design and Planning Guide.
Full Time Battery Operation - Hydraulic Model only: For low usage applications, full time battery operation is available. The drive is powered by a 24VDC battery pack charged from the building mains power by an integrated automatic charger. Continuous mains power is required if the lift is equipped with a fan and ventilation system.
Finishes: Finishes for the Genesis Shaftway model include the steel panels and aluminum extrusions to be painted from a large selection of RAL Colors.
Custom Colors or Exotic Finishes: Garaventa Lift can offer custom color matching, Graphic Imaging and Exotic Finishes. The panels can also be supplied with wood finishes, Formica, architectural metals or any material not exceeding 1/2" in thickness.
Garaventa Lift style Door and Upper Landing Gate: The Garaventa Lift style door and gate are pre-hung in an anodized aluminum champagne colored extrusion frame. They are constructed of 16 gauge powdered coated galvanized steel.
Garaventa Lift Power Door Operator: The Garaventa Lift Power Door Operator (PDO) automatically opens the door/gate when the platform arrives at the landing. When the lift is at the landing, the passenger can press the call station switch or gently pull on the door or gate to activate the door opener. Power door operators are recommended if the lift has a ramp. Certain applications may limit the use of this operator Consult you authorized Garaventa Lift Representative for which door operator is appropriate for your application.
Fire Rated Doors: The fire rated door and frame is completely pre-hung and is constructed of 16 gauge steel. The rigid foam filled door has a vision panel and a delayed action door closer. The door and frame have an 1 1/2 hour "B" label fire rating with an integrated interlock system.
Call Station Controls: Illuminated and tactile constant pressure button call stations are available as an option.
Attendant Call: In situations where the lift must be attendant operated, the call stations can be modified to include an attendant call button.
Platform Controls: Illuminated and tactile constant pressure button controls are optional. These controls are equipped with an audible illuminated Emergency Stop/Alarm switch and courtesy lights that are activated when the passenger enters the lift and during operation. The platform controls can also be equipped with an optional key switch..
Autodialer phone: The lift can be equipped with a hands free auto-dialer phone. This ADA compliant phone is activated by the push of a button and automatically dials pre-programmed numbers to summon assistance. It provides audible and visible feedback to the passenger that assistance is on the way. The phone is integrated with the platform controls and is flush mounted. This option will require the building owner to provide and maintain an active telephone line to the mast location.
Folding Seat: The lift can be equipped with a folding seat which is ideal for passengers who do not use a wheelchair.
Three Stop-Unit: The Genesis can be configured for three landings. The lower and middle landings must have a full-height door and the upper landing may have either a full-height door or gate.
Battery Powered Emergency Lowering - Leadscrew Drive only: This emergency lowering system is automatically activated in the event of a power failure.
Arrival Gong and Platform Sidewall Mounted Digital Floor Display: The arrival gong option will provide an audible alert when the platform arrives at a landing. The digital floor display will show the direction of travel when the lift is in operation. It will also show the designated floor when the lift is stopped at a landing.
Genesis Leadscrew and Hydraulic Drive Systems
There are two drive systems available for the Genesis Shaftway Model. Listed below are the main features of each drive system.
Leadscrew Drive System
- Driven by a single-phase 2 HP motor attached to a 1" ACME screw
- Powered by building mains power converted to 24 VDC (standard)
- Platform travels between landings at 3 meters (10 ft) per minute
- Three Lifting Heights up to a maximum of 1829mm (75") - floor mounted
- Manual Emergency Lowering Handwheel (standard)
- Battery Powered Emergency Lowering (optional)
- Electrical Disconnect (optional)
- Mains Power Requirement:
- North America - 120 VAC single phase on a dedicated 20 amp circuit.
- International - 208-240 VAC single phase on dedicated 16 amp circuit.
Hydraulic Drive System
- Driven by a single-phase 3 HP hydraulic motor
- Powered by continuous mains power with auxiliary power system (standard)
- Platform travels between landings at 5.2 meters (17 ft) per minute
- Seven Lifting Heights up to a maximum of 4343mm (171") - floor mounted
- Manual Emergency Lowering(standard)
- Mast Heater (optional)
- Remote Drive Cabinet (optional)
- Full time battery operation (optional)
- Electrical Disconnect (optional)
- Mains Power Requirement:
- North America - 120 VAC single phase on a dedicated 15 amp circuit.
- International - 208-240 VAC on a dedicated 16 amp circuit.