Garaventa Lift Installation
At Garaventa Lift, our customers benefit from the industry's best depth of technical talent.
Our network of top notch installation technicians ensures that your lift is installed with great care and attention to detail.
We do not allow installation by unauthorized technicians, even if they are licensed by local authorities for this kind of work. It is our aim to provide the finest customer service available in every market we serve.
Authorized Garaventa Lift Installers Must:
- be licensed by the local authorities to work on elevators and/or lifts
- be trained by Garaventa Lift
- be authorized by Garaventa Lift
- demonstrate excellent customer service
Scheduling an Installation:
Wheelchair lifts, Home Elevators and LULA Elevators are all manufactured to order. They are designed to fit the conditions on the job site and conform to specifications. This means that contractors wishing to include lifts and elevators on their projects should plan ahead. The following is intended as a rough estimate of typical lead times associated with the various stages of a lift or elevator project:
- The first step is to contact your local Garaventa Lift representative. They will help to determine how your elevator needs to be configured.
- Your representative submits an order to Garaventa Lift for your elevator or lift. Your specific project will be assigned a serial number and it will be designed and configured as per instructions. Allow about 5-7 working days for Garaventa Lift to issue detailed, site-specific drawings to your representative.
- If any changes are required, they must be made at this time. Drawings are revised until they show exactly what is desired. Detailed measurements obtained from actual site conditions are required. For the Artira model of inclined platform lift , we require site photos to ensure a proper fit.
- Once the drawings are accurate, they are approved by your local Garaventa Lift representative and Garaventa Lift is notified in writing. A target ship date is assigned. Typically, production lead times vary from 6-10 weeks.
- After the lift or elevator has been manufactured, it is shipped to your location. Allow about 1 week.
- Once the equipment arrives, your local representatives must then schedule the installation. Allow 2-3 weeks.
- The time needed for the installation itself depends on the type of equipment being installed and the layout of the jobsite. Many times, home elevator, LULA elevator and Genesis shaftway vertical lift installations will be done in two stages. The General Contractor will be required to complete some finish work around door entrances prior to the second stage. Stage completion usually takes from 3-5 working days. Genesis Enclosure vertical lifts, Genesis Opals and all inclined platform lift installations are normally completed in a single stage.
- Typically, lifts and elevators installed in commercial buildings are required to be inspected and permitted by local elevator inspectors. In some jurisdictions, residential installations also require inspections and permits. The time it takes to schedule and perform an inspection varies widely. Usually, this takes 2-3 weeks to accomplish.
- The final stage of installation is a training and turnover session. Your local Garaventa Lift representative will show you how to operate the lift or elevator, what to do in case of emergency and how to arrange for regular maintenance and service . Ask about extending your warranty to include 7 years of coverage - the best warranty available in the industry.